West Yorkshire Pension Fund member website

Main content

Fire – pensioner
Retire on an injury pension?

If you retired on an injury pension we need to know when you get other benefits or if they change If you retired on an injury pension due to an accident, illness, injury or related condition attributable to your firefighting duties, you must tell us if you get any of the following disablement or incapacity benefits:

  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Invalidity Benefit
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Reduced Earnings Allowance
  • Retirement Allowance, or
  • Severe Disablement Allowance.

If you get one of these benefits, and it’s for the accident, injury or related condition that led to your retirement, it could affect your firefighters’ pension. In fact, to be on the safe side, please tell us about any benefit you get from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), Jobcentre Plus (JCP), Benefits Agency (BA) or related departments. It’s also very important that you tell us when any of the benefits you get change, and remember to send us a copy of the letter that tells you about the change.

You can easily tell us about these things by filling in this form and sending it to us.

Please fill in the name of your fire authority at the top of the form and in the declaration, and sign the form before you send it to us at WYPF, PO Box 67, Bradford BD1 1UP.