Nominating your partner
The rules of the new look LGPS from 1 April 2008 mean you may now be able to nominate your partner so they get a pension on your death. You can nominate your partner if:
- you and your partner have been living together as husband and wife or as civil partners for at least two years;
- you and your partner are free to marry each other or enter into a civil partnership but have chosen not to; and
- you are paying into the pension scheme now or you left the pension scheme on or after 1 April 2008.
If you think this situation applies to you there are three ways you can get a nomination form:
- call us on 01274 434999, or
- e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put 'Nomination of partner' into the subject line of your e-mail, or
- download the form by answering all three questions:
1. Have you and your partner been living together as husband and wife or as civil partners for at least two years?
2. Are you and your partner free to marry each other or enter into a *civil partnership but have chosen not to?
3. I am paying into the pension scheme now or I left the pension scheme on or after 1 April 2008.
Both you and your partner will need to sign the nomination and declare that your relationship has existed for at least two years.
* A civil partnership is a relationship between two people of the same sex - civil partners - formed when they legally register as civil partners of each other.