Complaints and Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure

Think something isn’t right about your pension or unhappy about a decision? Always contact us to discuss it. Most issues can be resolved informally which is usually the quickest solution.

Send us an email making sure you tell us who you are or call us on 01274 434999 and we’ll do our best to help you.

If we can’t resolve your complaint you can ask for it to be looked at again under the formal complaint procedure called the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP).

There are two stages to IDRP, with many being resolved at the first stage. For more information about IDRP please read our guide which is available here.

Other organisations that can help

If you need help with your pension and we’ve not been able to help you can contact the Governments new Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) called MoneyHelper.

Visit their website at where you can get more information.

You can also contact them Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm on 0800 011 3797.

The Pensions Ombudsman

At any time if you are having difficulties sorting out your complaint, you may wish to contact The Pensions Ombudsman’s early resolution team.

The early resolution team can provide free advice and information to explain your rights and responsibilities. To get information or guidance, you can look at the website on or you can contact The Pensions Ombudsman by phone, post or email.

The Pensions Helpline freephone number is 0800 917 4487.

Lines are staffed Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Outside of these times, you can leave your number and someone will phone you back later.

You can also write to:
The Pensions Ombudsman
10 South Colonnade
Canary Wharf
E14 4PU