Firefighters 1992 scheme – Active 

What about previous pension rights?

On taking up your employment you would have been asked to give details about any previous membership of a pension scheme and to indicate whether you would like theauthority to explore the possibility of a transfer of pension rights to the FPS1992. Now that the Scheme is closed, a transfer of pension rights is no longer possible.

If you have pension rights in some other arrangement but have lost contact with the administrators, the Department for Work and Pensions offers a Pension Tracing Service. All pension schemes (including the FPS1992) have to be registered with them and the Tracing Service can help pension holders and/or their dependants trace "lost" pension rights. The Pension Tracing Service can be contacted at:

Tyneview Park, 
Whitley Road, 
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE98 1BA 
Tel: 0845 6002 537