Pensioner - Need to know

Other benefits

Can I claim other benefits?

Once you are getting a West Yorkshire Pension Fund pension, there might be state benefits you can claim. You should contact the Department for Work and Pensions if you think you might be entitled to other benefits. For contact details, look in your local Phone Book under Jobcentre Plus.

You can also get leaflets on-line at or from your local Department for Work and Pensions office.

If you are thinking about claiming a state benefit, the sooner you act the better. In most cases benefits can only be paid from the date of your claim and are rarely backdated.